Sunday, May 8, 2011

Destination girlfriend or boyfriend and soon-to-be honeymoon!

http://www.promdressesok.com/images/l/019911/bg0035.jpg

Hello, Destination girlfriend or boyfriend and soon-to-be honeymoon!

Six years ago I went to London without a little knowledge of how the rail systems worked without hotel reservations, just enough money to eat and only one pop-up map to show me around. Two years ago my boyfriend and I hit up Japan with our smartphones, applications locked and loaded, ready to take the country by storm as opinion shinkansen from Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and back, and all points important.

Both trips were amazing, with the technology or the lack thereof. So, I'm not saying you need these applications (getting lost is half the fun, right?), But I want to give my recommendations, as they have been tested in times of need.

1. TripIt

Sign Tripit.com and keep all his notes in one place. From hotel bookings, air flight confirmation numbers, and any small detail about his trip (rental car stop when closing).


2. 2go City Maps

Unless you have a big international plan, you better stick to airplane mode for the entire trip. Bought the book? If you use the GoogleMaps application, check your email, so that the data will be gone in no time.

City maps 2go load the map of the city that is in memory, not data. GPS is free, so you still going to appear as a blue dot on the map. You will not be able to get "to / from" addresses (such as data collection), but you can see where you are and go from there.


I also recommend looking at the TomTom application. They are very expensive (which is why I will not go into details), but quite worthwhile.

3. Camera +

I've definitely played my fair share of camera applications, and my favorite is the camera + for its multi-filter, multiple configuration options.

This does not mean I'm going to leave my D90 at home, but it is good to play with pictures of long plane, train or car rides or while waiting in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment